immigration services

Retiree and Pensioner

Permanent Resident Visa

May apply for this visa, those foreigners that receive a retirement or pension, from a Foreign Government, International Organization or Private Company. The monthly income or monthly pension or retirement amount may not be less than one thousand dollars (US$1,000.00) and must be granted for life. 


1. Police and Criminal Records, issued in the place of residence for the last two (2) years, duly stamped, sealed and authenticated by a Panamanian Consulate or by Apostille. 

2. Original passport with a minimum of 6 months left of validity.

3. Four (4) carnet sized pictures.

4. A certification letter stating their condition as a retiree or pensioner confirming that they receive a pension for no less than one thousand balboas (B/.1,000.00) per month or its equivalent in a foreign currency and that it is for life. This document must bear the stamps and be authenticated by a Panamanian Consulate or by Apostille.  

 If the pension or retirement payment comes not from the Goverment but from a private company, the following must be provided

  • A letter from a foreign pension administration company, trust fund, mutual fund insurance or banking company, that certifies that the funds exist to guarantee a life long pension for the applicant.
  • A certification of the existence and the duration of the company that grants the pension and administers the fund.

6. Document·of proof of residency·in Panama (sale and purchase agreement of house or land or lease agreement). 

7. Good health certificate issued by a clinic or hospital in Panama

In case of dependents:

– Two hundred and fifty balboas (B/.250.00) must be provided to the National Immigration Service for each dependent.

Please call us to +507-390-2890, use the chat system or the contact form below if you have any questions or requests concerning our services.

We will respond to your message within 24 hours.

Telegram Icon Telegram: Delvallepanama

+507 6109 3066 or scan:

Send us an Email